Terms & Conditions
GENERAL TERMS OF SERVICE
WHEREAS, Sasta Servers is an information provider connected to the Internet Sasta Servers offers storage and transfer services over the Internet through access to its Web Server;
WHEREAS, Customer seeks to utilize Sasta Servers’ server for its own purposes;
WHEREAS, the parties acknowledge that the Internet is neither owned nor controlled by any one entity; therefore, Sasta Servers can make no guarantee that any given reader shall be able to access Sasta Servers’ server at any given time.
Sasta Servers represents that it shall make every good faith effort to ensure that its server is available as widely as possible and with as little service interruption as possible;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein, the parties agree as follows;
Customer agrees to a thirty (30) day contract minimum beginning upon commencement of service. Exact contract duration is decided upon at signup.
- Customer agrees that all charges and fees associated with an account are their sole responsibility..
- If the customer wishes to cancel Sasta Servers shared Web Hosting services within sixty (60) days of the initial signup they shall be able to do so for any reason (aside from disablement for Terms of Service or Spam Policy violations) and have their money promptly refunded by 10% service charges deducted.
- Services provided by 3rd parties and Sasta Servers partners are not part of the 60-day refund policy and no early ending credit applies. Billing will stop at end of term during which the service is canceled.
- At the end of the contract term, the contract will automatically renew for the original contract length indefinitely until canceled in writing or via the web panel. After the first 60 days a canceled account will be canceled before the next payment is due and no more billing will occur nor will any payment be refunded, even for unused portions. If any non-refundable charges have already been incurred, they must be paid before the account may be cancelled.
- “60-Day Money-Back Guarantee” offer applies to credit card, debit card, net banking, or online payment gateway via website payments for shared web hosting. Other forms of payment are non-refundable. Dedicated server payments are non-refundable. Domain registrations (including the value of any used free domain registrations included with the plan) are not refundable under any circumstances. SSL certificates are non-refundable. The value of any AdWords credit or other third-party add-ons is non-refundable. See domain registration agreement for more information.
- Violations of Sasta Servers’ Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy, or Spam Policy may, at Sasta Servers’ discretion, result in immediate and permanent disablement without refund.
- Disputed charges (“chargebacks”) associated with any Sasta Servers account may, at Sasta Servers’ discretion, result in immediate and permanent disablement.
- Sasta Servers will use commercially reasonable efforts to make Web Hosting Service available 99.9% of the time during each monthly billing cycle. If Sasta Servers is unable to meet this service level, you will be eligible to receive a credit to apply to future Web Hosting Service billing cycles based upon the Unavailability for that month.
- For the purposes of this agreement, Unavailability means that either (a) the Web Hosting Service service is unresponsive, or (b)Web Hosting Service returns a server error response to valid user requests for more than 60 seconds of consecutive requests.
- Unavailability that is a result of scheduled maintenance is excluded from these conditions and will not be considered for service credit calculations. Scheduled maintenance is defined as maintenance that is announced at least 2 days in advance, and does not exceed four hour in any month.
- Service credits will be calculated as a percentage of the bill for the billing cycle that the Unavailability occurred. The percentage for the credit will be calculated by dividing the number of minutes of Unavailability by the total number of minutes in that billing cycle.
- Service credits must be claimed within 14 days of the Unavailability occurring by submitting a support ticket. Include as much detail as required to document the Unavailability.
Sasta Servers shall not be liable for any taxes or other fees to be paid in accordance with or related to purchases made from Customer or Sasta Servers’ server. Customer agrees to take full responsibility for all taxes and fees of any nature associated with such products sold.
- Customer will provide Sasta Servers with material and data in a condition that is “server-ready”, which is in a form requiring no additional manipulation on the part of Sasta Servers. Sasta Servers shall make no effort to validate this information for content, correctness or usability.
- Use of Sasta Servers’ service requires a certain level of knowledge in the use of Internet languages, protocols, and software. This level of knowledge varies depending on the anticipated use and desired content of Customer’s Webspace by the Customer.
- The following examples are offered:
- Web Publishing: requires a knowledge of HTML, properly locating and linking documents, FTPing Webspace contents, Graphics, text, Sound, image-mapping, etc.
- CGI-Scripts: requires a knowledge of the UNIX environment, TAR & GUNZIP commands, Perl, CShell scripts, permissions, etc.
- The Customer agrees that he or she has the necessary knowledge to create Customer’s Webspace. Customer agrees that it is not the responsibility of Sasta Servers to provide this knowledge or Customer Support outside of the defined service of Sasta Servers.
- Sasta Servers will exercise no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through the network, provided that it adheres to all other conditions set forth in our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy documents.
- Sasta Servers reserves the right to police its network to verify compliance with all agreed upon Terms.
- The Customer agrees to cooperate in any reasonable investigations into their adherence to all agreed upon Terms. Failure to cooperate is grounds for immediate disablement of all accounts/service plans.
- Sasta Servers reserves the right to disconnect any website or server deemed to present a security threat to Sasta Servers’ customers, servers, or network.
- The opening of multiple accounts or service plans in order to bypass any restrictions or overage charges set forth by Sasta Servers is grounds for termination of all services.
- Sasta Servers makes no warranties or representations of any kind, whether expressed or implied for the service it is providing. Sasta Servers also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and will not be responsible for any damages that may be suffered by the Customer, including loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries or service interruptions by any cause or errors or omissions of the Customer. Use of any information obtained by way of Sasta Servers is at the Customer’s own risk, and Sasta Servers specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services. Connection speed represents the speed of a connection to and do not represent guarantees of available end to end bandwidth. Sasta Servers expressly limits its damages to the Customer for any non-accessibility time or other down time to the pro-rata monthly charge during the system unavailability.
- Sasta Servers specifically denies any responsibilities for any damages arising as a consequence of such unavailability. In the event that this material is not “Server-ready”, Sasta Servers may, at its option and at any time, reject this material, including but not limited to after it has been put on Sasta Servers’ Server. Sasta Servers agrees to notify Customer immediately of its refusal of the material and afford Customer the opportunity to amend or modify the material to satisfy the needs and/or requirements of Sasta Servers. If the Customer fails to modify the material, as directed by Sasta Servers, within a reasonable period of time, which shall be determined between the parties themselves, the contract shall be deemed to be terminated.
- All domain names registered through Sasta Servers or its previous domain registration site, sastadomains.com, that are ‘parked’ or are otherwise not immediately associated with a Sasta Servers hosting plan will be automatically pointed to a “Coming Soon” web page which informs visitors that the registrant has recently registered their domain name via sastadomians.com. The Coming Soon web page may be modified at any time by Sasta Servers without prior notice to you and may include such things as, without limitation, links to additional products and services offered by Sasta Servers.
TRADEMARKS & COPYRIGHTS
Customer warrants that it has the right to use the trademarks and copyrights applicable to all content and/or products being made available through the customer’s account.
HARDWARE, EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE
- The customer is responsible for and must provide all telephone, computer, hardware and software equipment and services necessary to access Sasta Servers.
- Sasta Servers makes no representations, warranties or assurances that the Customer’s equipment will be compatible with the Sasta Servers service.
SASTA SERVERS DEDICATED SERVER STIPULATIONS
- Bandwidth pricing and measurement frequency is subject to change at Sasta Servers’ discretion. Customers affected by such changes will be notified no less than thirty (30) days in advance by Sasta Servers.
- Sasta Servers is under no obligation to compensate Customer for downtime, whether the downtime be caused by Customer, Sasta Servers, or Sasta Servers’ upstream providers.
- Customer agrees that dedicated server payments are NONREFUNDABLE. For example, if Customer submits payment for twelve (12) months of service, service will be provided for twelve (12) months and will not be refunded if customer chooses to discontinue service with Sasta Servers mid-way through the term.
- Hardware upgrades to an existing ‘platform’ (platform defined as a motherboard/chassis combination) will be performed by Sasta Servers and shall incur an increase to Customer’s standard monthly rate.
- Any hands-on labor necessitated by the customer (including, but not limited to, re-installing the operating system on the server) shall be performed by Sasta Servers and shall incur an additional one-time labor fee for each incident and Sasta Servers will raise an invoice for the same.
- Sasta Servers reserves the right to alter the dedicated server packages advertised on its website at its discretion. Sasta Servers is not required to upgrade Customers’ hardware or bandwidth allocation as a result of a pricing or service package change. There will be an additional charges associated for any such hardware upgrade requested by Customer. Customer will not be required to upgrade hardware as a result of a pricing change.
- For managed servers, Sasta Servers is responsible for the security of the network, the kernel, and the base operating system (defined as the standard set of debian packages that come installed with the server). Sasta Servers may take any steps it deems necessary at any time to protect the security of your server (this generally includes applying security patches as well upgrading the entire operating system).
- For unmanaged servers, Customer is responsible for keeping the security of their system up to date. This includes but is not limited to the following requirements:
- the kernel will be patched within 7 days of any announced security hole relating to the kernel
- any security patches for all installed software must be applied within 7 days of their general announcement to the security community at large.
- Sasta Servers is not responsible for notifying unmanaged servers of the need to apply patches. Failure to comply with these requirements is grounds for termination of contract without refund. Sasta Servers reserves the right to take any action upon unmanaged dedicated servers it deems necessary at any time to protect the security and integrity of Sasta Servers’ network.
The Customer certifies that he or she is at least 18 years of age, or that their parent or legal guardian will act as the “customer” in terms of this contract.
This contract may be terminated by either party, without cause, by giving the other party 14 days written notice. Sasta Servers will accept termination by electronic mail. Notwithstanding the above, Sasta Servers may terminate service under this contract at any time, without penalty, if the Customer fails to comply with the terms of this contract, including non-payment. Sasta Servers reserves the right to charge a reinstatement fee.
- Customer expressly agrees that use of Sasta Servers’ Server is at Customer’s sole risk. Neither Sasta Servers, its employees, affiliates, agents, third party information providers, merchants licensers or the like, warrant that Sasta Servers’ Server service will not be interrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Server service or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information service or merchandise contained in or provided through the Sasta Servers Server service, unless otherwise expressly stated in this contract.
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Sasta Servers, its offices, agents or anyone else involved in creating, producing or distributing Sasta Servers’ Server service be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Sasta Servers Server service; or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of God, communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to Sasta Servers’ records, programs or services. Customer hereby acknowledges that this paragraph shall apply to all content on Sasta Servers’ Server service.
- Notwithstanding the above, Customer’s exclusive remedies for all damages, losses and causes of actions whether in contract, tort including negligence or otherwise, shall not exceed the aggregate amount which Customer paid during the term of this contract and any reasonable legal fee and court costs.
- By using a promotional (“promo”) code you waive the option to indicate who referred you to Sasta Servers.
- You may not change/submit a promo code or referrer after you’ve finished signing up.
- Promo codes/referrers are for new customers only – if you use one you may not host on your account any domain ever previously hosted with Sasta Servers.
Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Sasta Servers harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, (“Liabilities”) asserted against Sasta Servers, its agents, its customers, servants officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by Customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sasta Servers against Liabilities arising out of
- any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with Sasta Servers’ Server;
- any material supplied by Customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
- copyright infringement;
- any defective product which Customer sold on Sasta Servers’ Server.
Customer agrees to abide by the terms set forth in this document as well as other Sasta Servers policy documents including, but not limited to:
Customer also agrees to abide by all applicable Terms set forth by all Sasta Servers partners and subsidiaries.
Revisions to this Contract will be applicable to previous Contracts Revisions will be considered agreed to by the Customer on renewal of service as specified in Section – Financial Arrangements.
Customer may not transfer this contract without the written consent of Sasta Servers.
These Terms and Conditions constitutes the entire Contract and understanding of the parties. Any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions of Contract thereto are agreed to by the both parties upon renewal of services.